• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage Possession of Alcohol

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

reavesgurl

On Saturday nigh my roomates had invited somepeople over to our dorms...one guy was 21....so he bought the alcohol

They asked my if they wanted to guy to bring me a Joose...i said sure why not...but i ususally dont drink...im not a drinker
I ended up not drinking it cause it was nasty and it made me gag.

well those group of people left us with the alcohol.....and my roomates signed in two other guys

So it was me and my two roomates and those two guys

while we (the girls) were getting ready to go to a party in ours rooms, which are downstairs...the guys were upstairs in the living are smoking weed!!!:eek:
which we told them not to

one of the guys kept walking in an out the front door letting all the smell out and they didnt open the windows.

When we were nearly finished getting ready we went upstairs to see what party to go to

and lo-an-behold....canpus police come banging on the door

one of the guys that was there was standing outside when the police came leaves ... it was his weed:mad:

well we told the police that that guy was with us and he ended up comng back

he asked both guys if they had been smoking weed (thier eyes were bloodshot red) and they say NO

they do a field test on them...in which they fail miserably

But we still have all the alcohol all over the place....unfortunately for me i sit right next to a cup of alcohol...so it looked like i drank out of it

in the end all three girls got charged with underage possesion of alcohol and the guys were able just to go home

i have no criminal record and i am a good student (if that even matters)

Our court date is March 17, 2009
What can I expect and is there any way that i can get these cahrges dropped since i was not druk and the police did not do a field test or breatherlizer on me?
:confused:

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
On Saturday nigh my roomates had invited somepeople over to our dorms...one guy was 21....so he bought the alcohol

They asked my if they wanted to guy to bring me a Joose...i said sure why not...but i ususally dont drink...im not a drinker
I ended up not drinking it cause it was nasty and it made me gag.

well those group of people left us with the alcohol.....and my roomates signed in two other guys

So it was me and my two roomates and those two guys

while we (the girls) were getting ready to go to a party in ours rooms, which are downstairs...the guys were upstairs in the living are smoking weed!!!:eek:
which we told them not to

one of the guys kept walking in an out the front door letting all the smell out and they didnt open the windows.

When we were nearly finished getting ready we went upstairs to see what party to go to

and lo-an-behold....canpus police come banging on the door

one of the guys that was there was standing outside when the police came leaves ... it was his weed:mad:

well we told the police that that guy was with us and he ended up comng back

he asked both guys if they had been smoking weed (thier eyes were bloodshot red) and they say NO

they do a field test on them...in which they fail miserably

But we still have all the alcohol all over the place....unfortunately for me i sit right next to a cup of alcohol...so it looked like i drank out of it

in the end all three girls got charged with underage possesion of alcohol and the guys were able just to go home

i have no criminal record and i am a good student (if that even matters)

Our court date is March 17, 2009
What can I expect and is there any way that i can get these cahrges dropped since i was not druk and the police did not do a field test or breatherlizer on me?
:confused:

Neither is required in order to be in possession of alcohol.

emilydawn05

You are being charged with Underage Possession, not Drinking, therefore whether or not they gave you a field sobriety test is irrelevant. I would not suggest hiring a lawyer, because the fine (depending on your state) can be as little as $50 (probably no more than $200 for your first). Hiring a lawyer would be a complete waste of money and time. Go to court, plead no contest, and pay the fine.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">