• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Undocumented father dead in car accident: How to get insurance claim to heirs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PaulMass

The FreeAdvice Forums are intended to enable consumers to benefit from the experience of other consumers who have faced similar legal issues
Some day I hope to hear your experience facing harboring charges while attempting to probate an undocumented alien's estate.

OHRoadwarrior

I was assisting in the probate of US citizens, living in Mexico on FM3s'. My fathers girlfriend was also married with a husband in jail and had a second boyfriend who hid in the shadows because he could not provide a roof over their heads, feed her kids, pay for their school and provide all of them with medical care. The other boyfriend provided her with other things apparently. In fact, he also lives in the house paid for by my fathers life insurance in Mexico. I am happy things turned out so well for her, though she was standoffish a bit because my sister hated the fact she was going to inherit from my father and was outright hostile to her. I was indebted to her for making the some of the last years of my fathers life so special. Maybe one day I will tell you about the phone call I received from Mexico about his medical condition crashing and the cross country race my spouse and I tag teamed to Chapala, where I slept two hours then headed back, wiring an oxygen machine to a power inverter of my car battery and racing back to AR to trade off with my wife so she could get him to Cleveland Clinic since he was too ill to fly.

Some day I hope to hear your experience facing harboring charges while attempting to probate an undocumented alien's estate.

Last edited:

PaulMass

I was assisting in the probate of US citizens, living in Mexico on FM3s'. My fathers girlfriend was also married with a husband in jail and had a second boyfriend who hid in the shadows because he could not provide a roof over their heads, feed her kids, pay for their school and provide all of them with medical care. The other boyfriend provided her with other things apparently. In fact, he also lives in the house paid for by my fathers life insurance in Mexico. I am happy things turned out so well for her, though she was standoffish a bit because my sister hated the fact she was going to inherit from my father and was outright hostile to her. I was indebted to her for making the some of the last years of my fathers life so special. Maybe one day I will tell you about the phone call I received from Mexico about his medical condition crashing and the cross country race my spouse and I tag teamed to Chapala, where I slept two hours then headed back, wiring an oxygen machine to a power inverter of my car battery and racing back to AR to trade off with my wife so she could get him to Cleveland Clinic since he was too ill to fly.
OK, I can see where rushing a Mexican national from Chapala to Cleveland would get you charged under 8 U.S. Code § 1324, but OP has made no such admission.

OHRoadwarrior

If you do not understand the terminology to even follow the conversation, why do you bother to comment? An FM3 allows a foreign citizen to legally live and own property in Mexico. The foreign citizens we are talking about are US citizens.

OK, I can see where rushing a Mexican national from Chapala to Cleveland would get you charged under 8 U.S. Code § 1324, but OP has made no such admission.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">