• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment: Definition of "unemployed through no fault of your own"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ThinLizzy

What is the name of your state? NC

I got terminated from my job. I work in call center and was terminated because of performance, basically I got 5 write ups for different errors I made and the 5th resulted in termination. I met alot of other expectations in other metrics and received certificates and stuff for other areas of performance and kept some of these for records. Does it sound like I would be eligible?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I disagree. Generally, poor performance is NOT a disqualifer for unemployment, unless there is a valid and supportable reason to believe that the employee COULD have performed to standard and deliberately did not.

It usually takes misconduct, not poor performance, to disqualify someone.

In any case, it can't hurt to apply.

janimal

I second cbg, I'd be surprised if you didn't qualify. It is likely you will be awarded unemployment benefits.

fairisfair

have to agree with the others, usually a willful disregard for the employer's interest is required to make you ineligible for unemployment. Simply being inept doesn't usually do it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">