• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment Eligibility - NY

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thepassage

What is the name of your state? NY

If I recently ended a job due to lack of work, but my previous employment was left voluntarily (abuse), does that affect my eligibility? Also, I previously had some leftover funds in TX that I claimed when I left the job before the most recent one. I claimed this in Aug-Oct. Does this affect current eligibility?

PayrollHRGuy

Your previous quit should not affect your layoff eligibility.

EDIT: The above is assuming you have worked off any disqualification.

As for your previous claims, that will depend on base periods and other things. Go file.

commentator

The standard advice is, of course, file another claim. They will be happy to tell you, and will be set up to do so, as to why or why not you may or may not qualify.

It costs nothing, there is no downside to filing another claim. You will tell the unemployment system about your previous work, in this state and any other. They will have all the wage and eligibility records they need and will be able to make decisions and tell you whether or not you qualify.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">