• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lil96

What is the name of your state? VA
Maybe some of you remember me from my post last week, about my assignment being ended due to performance.
My performance was always great, my bosses were always giving me praise for my work, but when I asked for a raise (that they had already said I could have, but hadn't given me) I was ended.
I applied for unemployment, because I feel I was ended through no fault of my own.
I just got a notice from the VEC stating that I will have a phone conference with my previous employer.
Can anyone give me any tips of what to say/not to say in this conversation?
Also-I worked for an employment agency, I worked in the office, I was not a temporary employee, and I have heard/been involved with these phone calls before. I have heard my old boss tell lies to them before and I worry she will do the same to me, because they do not want to pay the unemployment insurance. Should I mention that in the phone call? Or not, because it will hurt my case?

pattytx

How about you tell the truth? And don't bash the ex-employer. Stating that the employer has "lied before" will likely be taken with a grain of salt, because you would not be able to prove it just because you said so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">