• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment Reviews

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

k12n82

What is the name of your state? Florida

I was laid off in Nov. 2005 from a large company. I left on good terms and unemployment benefits were not contested. I began receiving unemployment checks in Dec. I was asked by my former employer to work for them on a contracted / consultant basis. For payment purposes, I was advised by them to incorporate, which I did in Dec. 05'. Unemployment is now denying me benefits due to the fact that I own a company and they consider that full-time employment, even though the work is free lance on an event by event basis. Is there precedent on freelance or contracted employment i.e. Real Estate, Actors, etc. with regards to unemployment claims. I need to show new evidence to the Unemployment Appeals Commission that the referee may have overlooked.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">