• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unique dui case, looking for advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hitbylaw

I got my notice to appear for preliminary inquiry today. I thought an arraignment was first? Main question can I still plead guilty after this or is it too late? I get that it is a pre trial to see if there is enough evidence to go to trial. But say they do, which in my case probably will can I still plead guilty?

quincy

I got my notice to appear for preliminary inquiry today. I thought an arraignment was first? Main question can I still plead guilty after this or is it too late? I get that it is a pre trial to see if there is enough evidence to go to trial. But say they do, which in my case probably will can I still plead guilty?
If this hearing will be your first appearance in court, it is your arraignment where you will be advised of the charge(s) against you. I don’t recommend you plead guilty without speaking to an attorney first.
Also the form says I have 7 days , I guess I request the date for this?
I am not sure what form you received that gives you seven days to respond. Is it a “motion for remote proceeding” (to appear remotely)? Were you given a hearing date?

https://www.peoples-law.org/duidwi

https://mva.maryland.gov/safety/Pages/mhso/program-impaired-driving-prevention.aspx

I recommend you contact an attorney and have the attorney help you handle this. You say you are currently employed. You are risking this employment by not getting professional legal assistance now.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
You may plead guilty at any time before the jury renders its verdict in the case. The upcoming hearing won't cuff off your opportunity to make a plea bargain, should you be interested in that.

quincy

You may plead guilty at any time before the jury renders its verdict in the case. The upcoming hearing won't cuff off your opportunity to make a plea bargain, should you be interested in that.
Hitbylaw also potentially could withdraw his guilty plea after sentencing, if he files a motion to withdraw his plea within ten days of sentencing. The court potentially can set aside the judgment. Not that someone should rely on this happening.

https://govt.westlaw.com/mdc/Document/NB22D38B09CEA11DB9BCF9DAC28345A2A?transitionType=Default&contextData=(sc.Default)

davew9128

And believe me, MA's written test used to be a joke. Like, "what do you do if a pedestrian is in the crosswalk in front of you when the light turns green? a) Honk at them, b) drive around them, c) ease forward slowly to encourage them to move faster, or d) wait until they have safely crossed."
You forgot e) Double points if you extend a particular finger to them. That was in Dorchester.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">