• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unlawful Detainer issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

edarrow

I live in Riverside County in California, and Im currently going through a somewhat uncomfortable situation. The home we are living in was sold out from under us the day after it was agreed they would sell it to us, and now the new owners have filed an Unlawful Detainer against us.

Ive already made arrangments and have a new home in Escrow and it closes by the 20th of December, and the detainer was served on Nov. 28. My question is this, are we REQUIRED to reply to this, and if we don't, will we have enough time for ecrow to close so we can move out? We have no desire to stay obviously.

I would prefer to avoid a court hearing over this, I just want to know if I just let it slide, if Ill have enough time to be moved out before the Sheriff comes and boots us out.

J

Jack Mevorach, Esq.

Do not default (fail to respond) and DO NOT make the mistake of failing to secure counsel after being sued. That is by far the WORST mistake clients make.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">