• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unpaid child support a parole violation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

angieshue

MO, my husband has an order for child support from his ex wife, but she has fallen off the face of the earth and hasn't been paying CS, how can we find out if this is a violation of her parole? CSE has told us they won't pursue any further because they don't know her address either, but if we can get her address, can we turn this into the Prosecuting Attorney in our county?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
MO, my husband has an order for child support from his ex wife, but she has fallen off the face of the earth and hasn't been paying CS, how can we find out if this is a violation of her parole? CSE has told us they won't pursue any further because they don't know her address either, but if we can get her address, can we turn this into the Prosecuting Attorney in our county?
Either of you could report the crime. However YOU are not a party to this.

LdiJ

Its not guaranteed that not paying her child support is a violation of her parole. It usually is, but not always.

Your husband might consider contacting her parole officer to discuss the issue.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Its not guaranteed that not paying her child support is a violation of her parole. It usually is, but not always.

Your husband might consider contacting her parole officer to discuss the issue.
Let's see -- following all laws and court orders is a STANDARD part of being on parole. Child support is a court order. She is not paying and hence is not following.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">