• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

UNPAID HOURS/ SMALL CLAIMS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

I filled the I-9 form before scanning and emailing it but left the parts for the employer blank. Is that what you were implying?
What an employer generally does is take the original documents from a worker at the start of a job and then copy these documents at that time.

Your employer is doing things backwards for some reason but you should be paid once he receives the documents.

HRZ

I don't know if employers failure to get a federal homeland security requirement of an I 9 done right is going to be a good excuse to employer not to pay employee timely under state law ...and willful failure to pay employee timely invites up to 30 days more pay tacked on as a penality

quincy

The employer has not handled this properly or well but, with luck, Stand Tall will be paid soon.

Hi guys, I hope everyone is having a great day and enjoying summer. I ended up filing a wage claim with BOLI in Oregon and mailed that in over a week ago. Does anyone have an idea of what I should expect and when?

PayrollHRGuy

Well this was a short week because of the holiday. Remember you are dealing with the state. I would give them a call Friday morning of next week and confirm they have received the claim.

Their number is at the bottom of the page I previously linked to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">