• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unpaid wages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jim

my employer has a goverment contract with the Air Force. My employer pays $1.12 per hour extra to hourly wage earners that do not use the company medical plan and insurance.All last year I was a part time employee with this company and did not receive this payment, even thou Calif. wage regulations say that I am intitled to it. the regulation does not make a difference between full time, part time, temporary ect. I have over 1200 hours accrued, how can I get my employer to pay this? The pervious company that had the contract had no problem paying it.. I feel that I am entitled to this ,plus interest..

E

Ex HR Guy

Call the California Department of Labor and ask about it.

C

Cal counsel

California wage laws are very strict and generally permit a prevailing party to receover attorneys' fees. Thus, there are attorneys who will take these cases on a contingency. Especially if the case involves multiple employees, because the damages ann fees mount quickly. Check your local newspaper archives for stories about attorneys who have won settlements or judgments against employers for failure to page full wages, and contact one of them.

A

Attorney_Replogle

Even though I too am a CA attorney, I am sorry that I just don't have the answer that you need, but I do know where you can find it quickly. Please check this web site for a labor lawyer in your area, then contact him. Good luck!

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">