• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

update on attempt to update on change of venue on closed child support case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Texas tornado

What is the name of your state? Texas:(

Hello, well I am back with an update and some real confusion. Please let me know what you all think and know that it is appreciated.
Well, since I last posted. We were served papers from the Arizona courts here in Texas on the 25th of April by sherrif deputy. Of course my ex has requested back support "owed" but not been truthful with the courts in Arizona in letting them know that
there are two court orders from the original jurisdiction in Florida ceasing all child support obligations and closing the case since my son is now a legal adult There is no back support owed . Well I filed a "response, objecting to the jurisdiction of Arizona since I am not a resident there and have no affilitaion with that state. The original jurisdiction of the Divorce in Florida has closed the case. I sent copies to my ex's addresses she has written down in her filing and sent them certified to her. To date she has refused acceptance. Interestingly the Arizona courts gave me only 11 days to respond to her motion so My response was mailed out "overnight express" to the courts. They did sign and receive them( on the 27th) however; today they sent them all back to me demanding I pay $167.00 in" Response filing fees" and to fill out their forms and "try again" 1st off the time allotted has expired (11 days) And I do not feel that I should be under obligation to start paying fees just to let them know that they do not have jurisdiction. How can they even "hear" a case without the child support history records before them? I even sent them copies of the valid courts orders ceasing child support? I have checked with the Florida courts and they have not authorized/ released the records for a transfer to Arizona. If I pay all these fees here in her state then she will just move to another county, another state and so on and so on...she has an extensive history of filing in nurmerous counties when she disagrees with a Judges rulings. Her fraudulent filings will not stop here. Please give me some advice, I remember one member saying that it is imperative not to subject myself to their jurisdiction or that will give them permission from me to hear the case. the "gotcha" jurisdiction law. Now what should I do at this point? By the way, those Certified copies I sent my ex? The Arizona courts were given copies of those receipts showing that she was sent them and they still rejected it!

nextwife

Did you ALSO send the Arizona court copies of the FL court order closing the case and pronouncing that NO CS was due?

rmet4nzkx

Has she applied for welfare in addition to the child support you paid then the state would be collecting? You might consult an AZ attorney to fight this and also file for court costs and attorney's fees. You might also file to get a fee waiver http://www.supreme.state.az.us/fees/ and in the supporting declaration note in bold letters that the case is closed in FL and there is no AZ jurisdiction, also file to appear telephonically.

Texas tornado

Regarding copies of orders

nextwife said:
Did you ALSO send the Arizona court copies of the FL court order closing the case and pronouncing that NO CS was due?

Yes, I sent them all copies of the original court orders. The order clearly states that child support is ceased since she removed him from the state of Florida without the consent of the courts (it was against the Final Dissolution of Marriage) and because he has reached the age of 18 years and no longer in the Florida school system. The order also included a cease of income order deduction sent to my employer.

Texas tornado

re: no jurisdiction

rmet4nzkx said:
Has she applied for welfare in addition to the child support you paid then the state would be collecting? You might consult an AZ attorney to fight this and also file for court costs and attorney's fees. You might also file to get a fee waiver http://www.supreme.state.az.us/fees/ and in the supporting declaration note in bold letters that the case is closed in FL and there is no AZ jurisdiction, also file to appear telephonically.
Thanks all for your responses. No there is no welfare monies due/owed. She received a $1000.00 per month in child support. I thought about hiring an attorney but frankly i've spent roughly $50,000.00 in atty fees over the past 10 years and it does not do any good. All they want is more money and in the end I will have spent thousands for nothing. She will move and file more charges in that county/court.I did however manage to get a letter on file with the courts in ARizona stating that I object to the case being transfered when it is closed. They "rejected it" but still put it in the file.... we shall see. Let you know what happens next. Does anyone know if they can garnish my wages again without any evidence to support her claims?

Texas tornado said:
What is the name of your state? Texas:(

Hello, well I am back with an update and some real confusion. Please let me know what you all think and know that it is appreciated.
Well, since I last posted. We were served papers from the Arizona courts here in Texas on the 25th of April by sherrif deputy. Of course my ex has requested back support "owed" but not been truthful with the courts in Arizona in letting them know that
there are two court orders from the original jurisdiction in Florida ceasing all child support obligations and closing the case since my son is now a legal adult There is no back support owed . Well I filed a "response, objecting to the jurisdiction of Arizona since I am not a resident there and have no affilitaion with that state. The original jurisdiction of the Divorce in Florida has closed the case. I sent copies to my ex's addresses she has written down in her filing and sent them certified to her. To date she has refused acceptance. Interestingly the Arizona courts gave me only 11 days to respond to her motion so My response was mailed out "overnight express" to the courts. They did sign and receive them( on the 27th) however; today they sent them all back to me demanding I pay $167.00 in" Response filing fees" and to fill out their forms and "try again" 1st off the time allotted has expired (11 days) And I do not feel that I should be under obligation to start paying fees just to let them know that they do not have jurisdiction. How can they even "hear" a case without the child support history records before them? I even sent them copies of the valid courts orders ceasing child support? I have checked with the Florida courts and they have not authorized/ released the records for a transfer to Arizona. If I pay all these fees here in her state then she will just move to another county, another state and so on and so on...she has an extensive history of filing in nurmerous counties when she disagrees with a Judges rulings. Her fraudulent filings will not stop here. Please give me some advice, I remember one member saying that it is imperative not to subject myself to their jurisdiction or that will give them permission from me to hear the case. the "gotcha" jurisdiction law. Now what should I do at this point? By the way, those Certified copies I sent my ex? The Arizona courts were given copies of those receipts showing that she was sent them and they still rejected it!
Sounds to me like she applied for welfare before the child reached the age of majority; and as far as those response fees. I never heard of it. You always get to file a response when you are the opposing party, I have an without any fees. The only fees that I ever had to pay was if the case was closed, and at that point you paid filing fees to reopen the case.
I could be wrong, but I would do as another poster said, call an AZ attorney for a free consult.

Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">