• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Update on My Child Custody/Visitation Fun & Games

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
What is the name of your state? AL

Original Thread: https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=385780

Update: Court Hearing (2/28/2008)
We went to court today... Child Support/Visitation. He'll do phone visitation for a month, supervised visitation 1st & 3rd weekend for a month and then will be allowed unsupervised 1st & 3rd Saturdays from 10AM-4PM. We'll go back to court this summer to see how this is progressing before we move into (probably) the standard visitation.

The CS hearing was almost unreal. DHR wanted 24mths prior to date of filing; I spoke with DHR's lawyer and said that I'd accept ½ that for settlement. His lawyer decided to let the judge decide. So, I got to get on the stand and lay out the behaviour that led to me not wanting to be with him. He got on the stand and denied it all (lying like a yard dog). I should have carried my psych treatment records in with me to rebut his testimony. Judge decided to not award anything beyond date of filing, because (as he said) it was obvious that he and I did not want anything to do each other.

I guess we'll see how the visitation pans out. He did not call her this month (but said he had the times I agreed for him to call The Child but not the number ). I guess we'll see if he follows through.
I've been waiting since Feb. 28 for a custody/visitation order. LyinYardDog's attorney was supposed to write it up per the judge at the hearing. Child support started in mid-April, and now (June 08) LYD has filed to reduce it by $30/mth. So, he'll bug his lawyer to fight for his $30/mth, but he won't get him to take care of the paperwork so he can see The Child?? :rolleyes:

I've emailed him several times (usually after he strays close to the line of inappropriate conversation; ie: visitation and child support) telling him very cut'n'dry the process that he would have to go through to see The Child. He actually told The Child that she needed to go talk to the judge about it a couple of weeks ago. I was supervising the phone call, and terminated it at that point. All I've told her when she's asked me when she would get to see him is that we're waiting on papers.

So, I've beat him to the punch, as it is. I went to my lawyer earlier this week and we've drafted the custody/visitation order. :p The Child wants to see her father (of course, she's been promised ponies and go-karts and... you get the picture. ;) ) I've tried to be as concrete as I could since I've already been cussed out once and threatened with the judge via VM about the times/length of the phone calls (which exist because of my good faith effort, and not a court order at this time).

He lies to her constantly and I let it slide (I hate confrontation-but I'm documenting everything!). She will figure all this out on her own unfortunately but continuing in therapy will help her out. After a couple of supervised visits, he'll have her (in theory, anyway) First Saturday of the month 10AM-4PM. Maybe he'll graduate to a more involved schedule. But as interested as he's been in seeing her....:rolleyes:

The floor is now open.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">