• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Update/Thank you!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momxthree

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana

https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-custody-visitation-37/custody-visitation-387367.html
Not sure if I did this right or not. I copied the path to my last post.

This is a long over due thank you, especially to OG.
My ex was in fact convicted of both crimes and was sentenced to time served (he was in about 12 months total) with monetary sanctions and probation. My attorney had him served in jail and then again after he was released at the address listed with his PO. He did not show up for court.

I asked for 1) sole custody 2) termination of visitation until further motion of the court and 3) contempt for non payment of CS.

What was awarded, 1) sole custody 2) termination of visitation until further order of the court 3) contempt of court for non payment of CS w/interest 4) attorney fees 5) filing costs AND 6) 120 days in the Parish Prison.
He has been out of jail for about 6 months but has yet to call. The oldest has called him but he won't return her calls...

While I'm grateful for the advice and my thanks are sincere. There are no winners here. Our daughters are safe, happy, healthy and thriving but they still miss their Daddy.
Thank you again for all of the advice and I continue to read daily!!
God Bless!!!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">