• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Urgent H1B transfer question, Please help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bbwayl

What is the name of your state?
CA

I will work for company-A, and company-A has filed petition for my H1B. My H1B will not be effective till 01/01/06. I am still on my Opt before 01/01/2006, legally working in U.S.

However, If I find a new position, I have to either transfer my H1B or apply for new one. I am afraid that by then H1B has reached its cap and I can not get a new one. Can I keep working on my Opt till 01/01/2006, and ask for a transfer after my H1B becomes effective after 01/01/2006?

Also how many pay stubs I need for transfer? two months? or two stubs? I do not have to start working in company-A right away, and I want to delay it so that I can have enough time to look for a job I really like. I just dare not giving up the opportunity to get H1B right now.

Thanks a lot!!!I have to decide right away!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">