• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

used car problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pjaystevens47

What is the name of your state? Florida. On 5-13-04 I purchased a used 2002 minivan for $10999. I was told that it was sound, both mechanically and structurally. A short while ago a friend who is a body mechanic asked if my car had been in an accident, because it looked like it had been. I told him that the dealer never said anything about an accident. He told me to check carfax, so I did. It had been in an accident, with moderate to severe damage, and that it was a frontal collision. I have the case # now. Several questions: Should I check on how much damage was incurred, and is the dealer supposed to disclose past accidents to me? I have 5 children and I am concerned about the safety of this van now.

You can't go off what you are "told" by the dealer, they will tell you everything you want to hear. It's very important to have the vehicle inspected by a certified mechanic before you purchase the car.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">