• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

vacation pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

proach

What is the name of your state? texas
when i accepted a position with my former company i was given two weeks vacation as part of my offer to be available immediately. i was laid off and received my last paycheck however it did not include the vacation as stipulated. does the company have to pay me and how do i go about collecting it

Beth3

Texas law requires that final wages include vacation pay, when vacation is due an employee under a company policy or employment agreement.

The first thing you should do is to contact the employer and ask whether the vacation pay will be forthcoming. Sometimes paperwork gets to payroll late and doesn't make the cut-off for processing. Could be they're already planning on paying it to you the next time they run payroll. If the employer refuses to pay you however, then contact Texas's Department of Labor and file a complaint.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">