• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

verbal agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zliminator

What is the name of your state? FL - A friend has a house with a small detached apartment in the back which she rents out to someone she made a verbal agreement with as far as the lease. The renter has not paid in 3 days and she wants to start the eviction process. My question is which one of the 3 notice to vacate forms should she use? The 3-day, 7-day or 15-day? I think they agreed to a year lease.

JETX

zliminator said:
My question is which one of the 3 notice to vacate forms should she use? The 3-day, 7-day or 15-day? I think they agreed to a year lease.
The 3 day notice is for not paying rent.
The 7 day notice is for non-compliance with lease.
The 15 day is for notice to terminate a month-to-month at will lease.

If your friend insists on being a landlord, she should read and UNDERSTAND the laws that she must abide by. Go to: http://www.clerk.co.brevard.fl.us/famforms/Eviction and Small Claims/Eviction Form Set.pdf

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">