• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"victim" doesn't show at court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cantgetright

What is the name of your state? ca

im going to trial for a fake a** stolen property case where a guy is claiming something of mine is really his.Anyway, were days from trial and he is still no where to be found so I was wondering
what happens if this guy isn't there for the trial? can the da still go on with this? If so how will I be able to question him about exact details of property?Thanks

cantgetright

My public defender has tried and found he has moved.Also he had no ca. ID card and two last names I was told he probably came from mexico and might have went back.Either way lets just say he doesn't show, what happens?

stephenk

odds are good the case may be dismissed. Depends on what other evidence the prosecution has against you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">