• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Victims Compensation program question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Heather28

What is the name of your state? Georgia
I was a domestic violence victim I was disfigured and I have followed every step the program approved my application and some of my medical has been paid but they took 5 years to pay my dentist which was the one who was fixing my face. Now he won't see me because he had to wait so long to get paid. Which is sad I still have funds in my acct but they refuse to release any of it to me why and I'd there anything I can do.?

quincy

What is the name of your state? Georgia
I was a domestic violence victim I was disfigured and I have followed every step the program approved my application and some of my medical has been paid but they took 5 years to pay my dentist which was the one who was fixing my face. Now he won't see me because he had to wait so long to get paid. Which is sad I still have funds in my acct but they refuse to release any of it to me why and I'd there anything I can do.?
Have you asked this question of the Victims Compensation Program administrator(s)? You probably will find that those in charge of the Program are better able than anyone here to tell you why the funds in your account are not being released. My guess would be that you have reached the coverage limit ($15,000) for medical/dental expenses already.

Last edited:

Heather28

Thank you I haven't reached my limit I still available funds. It's been the same case worker since it happened.I really just think she doesn't like me lol. I've reached out but because she is a supervisor it never goes any further. Even the 1st week of lost wages that doesn't require documents from a doctor was never paid. I don't understand. I don't know who else to reach out to because everytime it always goes straight back to her.

quincy

Thank you I haven't reached my limit I still available funds. It's been the same case worker since it happened.I really just think she doesn't like me lol. I've reached out but because she is a supervisor it never goes any further. Even the 1st week of lost wages that doesn't require documents from a doctor was never paid. I don't understand. I don't know who else to reach out to because everytime it always goes straight back to her.
https://crimevictimscomp.ga.gov/about-us/frequently-asked-questions/

At the bottom of the link provided above are some phone numbers and an email address. I suggest you ask your question about release of funds to one or all - and explain that your case worker is not responding to your query.

I am not sure what else you can do but try to work with those who operate the program.

Good luck.

bcr229

If you can't get anywhere with them try the parent org - https://cjcc.georgia.gov/ - as that org may not be aware that there is a many year lag time for medical providers to get paid out.

If that doesn't pan out, ask your local state delegate for help. Mine is very responsive to constituents who have issues with state agencies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">