• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visa status for my kid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Abby helson

Hi,this is Abby,currently am on h4 visa ,butwe are not living together and neither we are divorced,am staying with my boyfriend and we planned a baby together,so if my baby is born before I get divorced,what visa status will my baby hold..??

FlyingRon

Currently, your baby will be a US citizen if born here, no matter what your status is. That however, will mean nothing to you. Despite the use of the term "anchor baby" in the media, the parents get no special consideration because their child acquires US citizenship. Of course, you are flirting with being illegally present (in fact, separated people may be determined to be so even without divorcing), so I would be getting myself to an immigration attorney pronto.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">