• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visitation questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

coffeequeen

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Minnesota , I was wondering if anyone could help me with this question? In my divorce papers it states my ex gets every other weekend visitations which he has been doing for 5 years now. However he has fallen off the wagon and has become unrelaible and careless. I need to know what is the legal definition of weekend visits? or if there is one. friday to sunday or saturday to sunday. we have joint custody, but i would also like to get that changed, as my 12 year old son doesn't enjoy going over to his house any more, plus the fact that he smokes heavly, and my son has allergies, could that help me get sole custody? And if i do get sole custody does he still have to pay support? Any help would be greatly apprecated.

LdiJ

coffeequeen said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Minnesota , I was wondering if anyone could help me with this question? In my divorce papers it states my ex gets every other weekend visitations which he has been doing for 5 years now. However he has fallen off the wagon and has become unrelaible and careless. I need to know what is the legal definition of weekend visits? or if there is one. friday to sunday or saturday to sunday. we have joint custody, but i would also like to get that changed, as my 12 year old son doesn't enjoy going over to his house any more, plus the fact that he smokes heavly, and my son has allergies, could that help me get sole custody? And if i do get sole custody does he still have to pay support? Any help would be greatly apprecated.
Weekends are defined by what your court order says. However, normally its Friday to Sunday.

There is almost no chance that you could get sole custody....and sole custody doesn't stop visitation either. You may be able to get a judge to order that he is not allowed so smoke around the child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">