• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

visits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shannon Senst

What is the name of your state? WI
Dughter lives in boston, grand parents have legal temp. custody. I want to have her for the summer,but there giving me a hard time about it. There's no talking to them! When i lived in AZ they had no problem with it. Now that i'm here???? What can i do to see her?

fairisfair

What is the name of your state? WI
Dughter lives in boston, grand parents have legal temp. custody. I want to have her for the summer,but there giving me a hard time about it. There's no talking to them! When i lived in AZ they had no problem with it. Now that i'm here???? What can i do to see her?
you wanting has nothing to do with it.

What are your visitation rights?

Shannon Senst

I have nothing in writing. I was just going by what tey we're telling me. O.K I was in prison for 5 yers. They took care of her when I was in there. They told me that they got custody of her, but i didn't receive any legal papers to verify this. I didn't sign anything or any of that. If they did receive custody, wouldn't I have to be notified? There telling me they want to handle this out of court, but they are not working with me. I've tried calling them, but they are not returning any of my calls. They told me that because I live on the rez that they are scared that I'm not going to return her! Ive had her in the past so, she could be in my wedding. They had no problems with that. I am now seperated???? I live by myself and i'm member of society. I own my own business and I'm living just fine. I told them that I want her back soon and that's when HELL broke loose.

Silverplum

I have nothing in writing. I was just going by what tey we're telling me. O.K I was in prison for 5 yers. They took care of her when I was in there. They told me that they got custody of her, but i didn't receive any legal papers to verify this. I didn't sign anything or any of that. If they did receive custody, wouldn't I have to be notified? There telling me they want to handle this out of court, but they are not working with me. I've tried calling them, but they are not returning any of my calls. They told me that because I live on the rez that they are scared that I'm not going to return her! Ive had her in the past so, she could be in my wedding. They had no problems with that. I am now seperated???? I live by myself and i'm member of society. I own my own business and I'm living just fine. I told them that I want her back soon and that's when HELL broke loose.
Wow.

You "live on the rez"? Is this going to involve American Indian family law and tribal stuff? Because if so, you're going to need an attorney.

I'd also urge you to spend some time considering what is BEST for the CHILD. She's lived with them for FIVE YEARS. That's a long time for a child, and it will be difficult for her to make the change, if ordered to do so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">