• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

void agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vanessa clark

I live in GA. In Jan. 2000, I got behind on my car payments and a friend offered to help keep me out of bankruptcy by making the payments for me throught me. The car was only a few months old and the person, ( we will say joe), didn't have any credit history established, so we were to leave the finance agreement in my name until Joe could get a full time job and aquire financing. After some time, I asked joe if he had gotten financing applications in for the change over since he was driving the car daily without having it serviced or cleaned at any time. He had not made any effort to get finanancing as he was bouncing from job to job. This also cause his payments to get later and later each month. When the finance company would call me on my job I would make the payments by phone from my checking account and wait for joe to pay me back. Most of the time it was in small increments which caused me difficulty in my other responsiblilties. For the last two payment he has paid me nothing.
Any way 10 months have gone by and I have made the last two payment and Joe has made no effort to pay me back, nor will he relinquish the vehicle(which now looks 5 yrs. old and in need of serious repairs) back to me so I can make other arrangement.

We had a signed agreement between the two of us and it was legally notarized when he took the keys to the car. SO, what do I do now and where do I go to do it?

ALawyer

If you can't reslove it on your own, telling him that you will have to go to court, then either you have to sue him or get a lawyer's advice and perhaps the lawyer could call him up and tell him what will happen next if he fails to return the car and damages.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">