• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

voiding a listing agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

portalv

What is the name of your state? indiana
six months ago we listed our home with an agent and signed a year agreement which we were told was standard. also at the time of signing the agent said if we wanted out at anytime all we had to do was send in writing that we did not want to use the agency anylonger. we have had no showings by this realator or the agency. i want to list with another agency and drop these people. what can i expect?

HomeGuru

portalv said:
six months ago we listed our home with an agent and signed a year agreement which we were told was standard. also at the time of signing the agent said if we wanted out at anytime all we had to do was send in writing that we did not want to use the agency anylonger. we have had no showings by this realator or the agency. i want to list with another agency and drop these people. what can i expect?
**A: the termination provisions should be contained in the listing contract that you signed. What are they?

Souix

portalv said:

***First of all we are not realators....we are realtors. If your agent told you to send a letter to cancel the listing then send thema letter cancelling the listing. You might also want to send it rrr. You cannot relist with another company until the current brokerage releases you from the contract.***

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">