• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Voluntary Forfeiture

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

InaFix

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas

I have two houses in different cities. I reside in one and need to be free of the second one fast. My husband is out of work and I can no longer pay both mortgages. My tenant moved out and left me holding the bag. Big surprise! I have made some repairs but have run out of money. I'm trying to sell the house for undermarket $ but no luck and I'm sinking fast. I can't make the next payment. Is there such a thing a voluntary forfeiture? Can the bank still forclose and come after me for the difference in the event of a short sale? Do I need to move back into the property to protect myself from the foreclosure/short sale law?

HomeGuru

Marsha Fulton said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas

I have two houses in different cities. I reside in one and need to be free of the second one fast. My husband is out of work and I can no longer pay both mortgages. My tenant moved out and left me holding the bag. Big surprise! I have made some repairs but have run out of money. I'm trying to sell the house for undermarket $ but no luck and I'm sinking fast. I can't make the next payment. Is there such a thing a voluntary forfeiture?

**A: search deed in lieu of foreclosure.

Can the bank still forclose and come after me for the difference in the event of a short sale?

**A: yes, they can go after you even after they agree to a short sale.
Do I need to move back into the property to protect myself from the foreclosure/short sale law?
**A: no, since the laws do not distinguish between occupant and non-owner occupant. Search BK homestead laws.

I

InaFix

Voluntary Forfeiture - thanks

Texas
Thank you so very much for your ultra speedy replys. Thank you thank you thank you.
M

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">