• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

waiting to request a hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hearts41

What is the name of your state? FL

Well my x husband was served with the contemp/enforcement papers last week. He now has 20 days to respond. I have no idea if he will or not, sometimes he does sometimes not.

I was told I need to go through CSE (child support enforcement) to set my hearing because its a cse case handled through them. But when I call them they say no, because I filed it myself! Annoying:confused: I know one thing for sure , the amount he currently owes for current support will floor him.

hearts

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state? FL

Well my x husband was served with the contemp/enforcement papers last week. He now has 20 days to respond. I have no idea if he will or not, sometimes he does sometimes not.

I was told I need to go through CSE (child support enforcement) to set my hearing because its a cse case handled through them. But when I call them they say no, because I filed it myself! Annoying:confused: I know one thing for sure , the amount he currently owes for current support will floor him.

hearts
Did you give the CSE a copy of your contempt motion?
If not, you need to do so ASAP.

As for setting a hearing date, yes you have to have the date set. Each county does things differently, so you should either ask your court clerk about it, or go to www.flcourts.org to see if your county has a "self-help center". Sometimes the self-help or pro-se center will assist with scheduling hearings, but not all county's have that available.

Once you do get a hearing date set, you'll most likely need to fill out, file and serve a "notice of hearing" form (can be found on same site). be sure to file the original with the court, send a copy to ex by certified return reciept mail and give a copy to the CSE also.

hearts41

***By who? ***
Its actually posted on the website that if your case is a DOR case you have to go through them to set your hearing but no one can make up their mind if this is true or not. The website I am talking about is the one set up by the clerk of court that pro se clients can access to get forms and information.
DOR (child support enforcement) said I can set the hearing myself since I filed myself. I sent them copies of everything including the recent certificate of service I just got back from the sheriffs office. I hope I can set my own hearing, its easy to do and I won't have to wait around for DOR to do it.

When I called CSE yesterday to see if they noted anything on my account about receiving the legal paperwork yet, (they had not) but the rep says since I filed it on my own CSE could actually drop me as a client for filing my own case! What a odd world we live in. Someone has the wherewithall to file their case, because CSE is not acting in their best interest and they can drop you as client because you filed your own motion. Not like I asked them to represent me, or expect it. I was just told to provide them copies.
They should have had my x in court years ago, but since they had the numbers messed for the past 3 years they didn't bother taking him back for contempt. All they have done in four years is turn him over to the credit bureas and send late notices. Thats it.

Frustrating :confused:

hearts

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">