• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Walmart made a bad grab!! Humiliated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

akhans_1

What is the name of your state? Virginia
I work for a vendor organization. My duties are merchandising in several retail locations. On September 8th 2004 I went into one of
my retail locations which is a Walmart. I had been in this store twice before, once with my manager and once by myself. This was two weeks
before this incident.

I proceeded to enter into the store, and I signed into the vendor log-in book. After that I proceeded to the back stock room and picked up
the merchandise boxes that I was suppose to set out. I then proceeded to the front of the store, where the location to merchandise was. I
set up the merchandise and conduct my work. After I was done setting up the merchandise I was required to tape up the boxes and then send
them back via shipping. I did not have my tape on me at the time so then I went outside the store and retrieved my tape from my car. I went
back into the store and then taped up the boxes and moved them back to shipping.

After I was done with my duties I proceeded to the pharmacy section and purchased an item, I went to the check out and proceeded to leave
the store. I was then immediately confronted by two walmart security personnel. Both grabbed me by my arms and started to tell me to
come with them, when I asked what was the problem I was told that I had stolen the tape. I told them that this was a big misunderstanding and
they proceeded to tell me that they had me on tape. I repeatedly asked them are they sure they had me on tape and that they are certain they
saw me taking the tape, the confirmed. One guard walked behind me as another walked next me to holding my shopping bag. At the front door one
of the guards checked my bag and receipt. I was walked to the back of the store with one guard holding my arm and basically forcing me to the
back and the other following me. Both repeatedly told me not to make a scene and not to try anything stupid. I was dragged to the back like a
common criminal and humiliated.

After arriving to the back I was seated in a room. When asked for weapons I told them that I had a box cutter, to open the boxes. I had left that
at the front. They took my id. After this one of the security guards proceeded to drill me to confess.
He claimed that he already had me on tape and that they saw me taking the tape, he also stated the he had been watching me for a while
and that he had passed my workplace several time, he asked why I had not seen him I replied that I was conducting my work, not looking around.
But he presistantly told me to confess and that they had me on tape taking the tape. Then the head security manager stepped in at which point
I was asked my story. I told him everything I did and even gave him the time I came in and the time I left to get my tape. I reiterated that if they
checked the video tapes that they would clearly find that I had not taken anything.

While I was taking to him, the security guard who had questioned me was looking at my id (passport) and other things inside, my check card
and a bank deposit slip. The head security asked him what he was looking at and he replies (jokingly) we can use financial strain as a motive
because I had just deposited a small sum of money in my checking account.

After this they reviewed the tapes and the head security manager stepped in and spoke to me. The tapes showed that I was innocent. He had told me
next time to get a small tag from the front of the store to show that I was bringing in something to the store, and that they carried the same tape
in their store. After this they released me. I got no apology from anybody, and I was not confronted by the other two security guards who made
the call and grab on me.

I was clearly innocent and don’t know where and how they thought that I had taken a $2.00 tape when I could have easily taken more valuable
merchandise that I was working with. There was no evidence on the tape and simply because I was carrying something they also had as an item
in the store I was marked as a thief.

I was grabbed and taken to the back of the store, I was threatened not to do anything stupid or they would take care of me. I was humiliated
and treated like a thief by the security guard claiming to have me on tape.

What can I do? I want to know all legal actions I can take.

Thanks Much

Abdul

HomeGuru

akhans_1 said:
What is the name of your state? Virginia
I work for a vendor organization. My duties are merchandising in several retail locations. On September 8th 2004 I went into one of
my retail locations which is a Walmart. I had been in this store twice before, once with my manager and once by myself. This was two weeks
before this incident.

I proceeded to enter into the store, and I signed into the vendor log-in book. After that I proceeded to the back stock room and picked up
the merchandise boxes that I was suppose to set out. I then proceeded to the front of the store, where the location to merchandise was. I
set up the merchandise and conduct my work. After I was done setting up the merchandise I was required to tape up the boxes and then send
them back via shipping. I did not have my tape on me at the time so then I went outside the store and retrieved my tape from my car. I went
back into the store and then taped up the boxes and moved them back to shipping.

After I was done with my duties I proceeded to the pharmacy section and purchased an item, I went to the check out and proceeded to leave
the store. I was then immediately confronted by two walmart security personnel. Both grabbed me by my arms and started to tell me to
come with them, when I asked what was the problem I was told that I had stolen the tape. I told them that this was a big misunderstanding and
they proceeded to tell me that they had me on tape. I repeatedly asked them are they sure they had me on tape and that they are certain they
saw me taking the tape, the confirmed. One guard walked behind me as another walked next me to holding my shopping bag. At the front door one
of the guards checked my bag and receipt. I was walked to the back of the store with one guard holding my arm and basically forcing me to the
back and the other following me. Both repeatedly told me not to make a scene and not to try anything stupid. I was dragged to the back like a
common criminal and humiliated.

After arriving to the back I was seated in a room. When asked for weapons I told them that I had a box cutter, to open the boxes. I had left that
at the front. They took my id. After this one of the security guards proceeded to drill me to confess.
He claimed that he already had me on tape and that they saw me taking the tape, he also stated the he had been watching me for a while
and that he had passed my workplace several time, he asked why I had not seen him I replied that I was conducting my work, not looking around.
But he presistantly told me to confess and that they had me on tape taking the tape. Then the head security manager stepped in at which point
I was asked my story. I told him everything I did and even gave him the time I came in and the time I left to get my tape. I reiterated that if they
checked the video tapes that they would clearly find that I had not taken anything.

While I was taking to him, the security guard who had questioned me was looking at my id (passport) and other things inside, my check card
and a bank deposit slip. The head security asked him what he was looking at and he replies (jokingly) we can use financial strain as a motive
because I had just deposited a small sum of money in my checking account.

After this they reviewed the tapes and the head security manager stepped in and spoke to me. The tapes showed that I was innocent. He had told me
next time to get a small tag from the front of the store to show that I was bringing in something to the store, and that they carried the same tape
in their store. After this they released me. I got no apology from anybody, and I was not confronted by the other two security guards who made
the call and grab on me.

I was clearly innocent and don’t know where and how they thought that I had taken a $2.00 tape when I could have easily taken more valuable
merchandise that I was working with. There was no evidence on the tape and simply because I was carrying something they also had as an item
in the store I was marked as a thief.

I was grabbed and taken to the back of the store, I was threatened not to do anything stupid or they would take care of me. I was humiliated
and treated like a thief by the security guard claiming to have me on tape.

What can I do? I want to know all legal actions I can take.

Thanks Much

Abdul
**A: you can sue for $1.2 million.

akhans_1

HomeGuru: **A: you can sue for $1.2 million.

haha, that would be nice, but seriously whats your feedback on this???

JETX

HG, you started it by responding to this nitwit.... I am going to let you handle this one. :D

JETX

akhans_1 said:
excuse me i don’t appreciate being referred to as a nitwit
Lets see what the following conduct indicates:
1) Making a post to the forum asking a question (thread: 194800)
2) Then making the exact same post again (thread: 194801)
3) Then making the exact same post again (this thread)
4) Driving on a 'smart tag only' toll road, without a smart tag (thread: 183507)

Yep, definitely looks like a nitwit to me. :D

akhans_1

JETX said:
Lets see what the following conduct indicates:
1) Making a post to the forum asking a question (thread: 194800)
2) Then making the exact same post again (thread: 194801)
3) Then making the exact same post again (this thread)
4) Driving on a 'smart tag only' toll road, without a smart tag (thread: 183507)

Yep, definitely looks like a nitwit to me. :D
for the first three, like i said, im trying to find the appropriate category to get more repsoses,

nice to write a quote and not pay attention to it,

Last edited by a moderator:

akhans_1

HomeGuru said:
**A: and I refuse to respond further since you don't appreciate it.
i see the intricacies of your answers reflect the level of your intelligence.
ill let the two of you love birds know im not coming back on here,
so your sticks and stones wont reach me

JETX

akhans_1 said:
Awww..... poor baby!! Don't tell me that you finally got the message after you made only THREE identical posts on the forum!!
Guess that old education at "SandGrab Madrassa" actually did help, huh??

Ma'Salamma.... a$shole.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

akhans_1 said:
i see the intricacies of your answers reflect the level of your intelligence.
ill let the two of you love birds know im not coming back on here,

**A: Sam's Club has a sale on tents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">