• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warrant for a DUI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
Last year was the first time i got arrested and got a DUI - after my court date i had to leave california due to personal reasons so i didnt think nothing of it.. I had to do 1 day in jail and pay the fine. I moved to a different state now Since departing and now i recently found out that there is a warrant for me. What is it i can do to get my self cleared up in this case? Do i have to go back to california or is there something i can do. I still owe the fine to my knowledge too.


Senior Member
You will almost certainly have to appear to take care of it.

You can hire a CA attorney and make arrangements to surrender yourself. Or, you can remain a fugitive until it catches up to you. There is no easy way out of it.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential