• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warranty period in the case of exchange

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

29082002d

State: DE (the address of delivery)
I have bought the headphones year ago. I have exchanged it in May because it worked out. Now I have the same problem, but the service chat wrote me that "You have no more warranty. We're so sorry". I'm foreign, but, how I know and understand, if I have exchanged a headphones, I have received new warranty. Is it true and what court decision or law regulate this question in DE?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
State: DE (the address of delivery)
I have bought the headphones year ago. I have exchanged it in May because it worked out. Now I have the same problem, but the service chat wrote me that "You have no more warranty. We're so sorry". I'm foreign, but, how I know and understand, if I have exchanged a headphones, I have received new warranty. Is it true and what court decision or law regulate this question in DE?
It depends on the specific terms of the warranty. I can tell you from experience that the exchange that you did usually does NOT extend the original warranty period.

adjusterjack

I have bought the headphones year ago. I have exchanged it in May because it worked out. Now I have the same problem, but the service chat wrote me that "You have no more warranty.
That's probably true. Read the warranty.

Did you buy the item using a credit card?

Many credit cards provide extended warranties for consumer products for up to a year beyond the manufacturer's warranty. If you used a credit card, read all the material that came with it and follow the instructions for making the claim if the extended warranty is available. If you didn't keep all that paperwork, go online to the credit card company's website and you'll find out there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">