• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Was I discriminated against because of my LACK of religion?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldaron

OP referred to the Roman crusades, that empire fell in 462. Christian crusades didn't start till 600 years later. OP picked a subject with ZERO knowledge of said subject**************I wonder if OP knows who is VP.

cyjeff

OP, you seem to want to insist upon two things.

One, that the professor has got to accept your subject matter as valid.
Two, that your friends have the responsibility to provide you with class detail because you choose not to be there.

neither is correct.

Before you walk into that administration office, I would be very prepared to explain what you had to do that was more important than going to class... and then demanding that you be given the same grade as someone that attended regularly.

has it occurred to you that you were being dinged for absence?

OP referred to the Roman crusades, that empire fell in 462. Christian crusades didn't start till 600 years later. OP picked a subject with ZERO knowledge of said subject**************I wonder if OP knows who is VP.
Ummm, the crusades were mainly fought by roman catholics....lolbye

OP, you seem to want to insist upon two things.

One, that the professor has got to accept your subject matter as valid.
Two, that your friends have the responsibility to provide you with class detail because you choose not to be there.

neither is correct.

Before you walk into that administration office, I would be very prepared to explain what you had to do that was more important than going to class... and then demanding that you be given the same grade as someone that attended regularly.

has it occurred to you that you were being dinged for absence?
The absences have already been excused. Personal reasons which I have already discussed with the school.

Humusluvr

good for you
Come back and (honestly) let us know what happens. I'm interested to know.

And as far as the badgering - you said you emailed her so many times, she stopped replying. That's what I based the badgering on, and I hope you use this as a learning experience, to not miss class, to not rely on your classmates for assignments, and to foster a positive relationship with your professors.

Come back and (honestly) let us know what happens. I'm interested to know.

And as far as the badgering - you said you emailed her so many times, she stopped replying. That's what I based the badgering on, and I hope you use this as a learning experience, to not miss class, to not rely on your classmates for assignments, and to foster a positive relationship with your professors.
I never said I e-mailed her so many times that she stopped replying...

What I learned is that sometimes a lax teacher is not lax because they are easy-going, but they are just disorganized. Yes, it is a lesson to be better with attendance.

the meeting is on tuesday. I'll post what happens.

Humusluvr

I never said I e-mailed her so many times that she stopped replying...

What I learned is that sometimes a lax teacher is not lax because they are easy-going, but they are just disorganized. Yes, it is a lesson to be better with attendance.

the meeting is on tuesday. I'll post what happens.
I know that there are bad teachers, believe me, I do know that.

Humusluvr

the woman isn't a bad person, and she was probably a great teacher at some point. Just think she's getting too old to handle the stress
Heh, I think I had your 5000 year old professor's older sister for a class last semester. I teach at a large University, but also take classes for my PhD. We were graded on three 30-page papers we had to write, and attendance. She would come into class every meeting and tell us what meds she was taking, what hurt, and then proceed to ramble incoherently for 3 hours. It was painful. And she made me revise each 30-page paper at least three times. And, she wanted it to be a psychology class, but it was an education class, so she taught psychology anyways.

Play the game.... that's all I can say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">