• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Water damage from upstairs neighbor?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jplee3

Just an update/FYI but the claim went to subrogation and they ended up refunding me the $500 for the deposit (and presumably reclaiming the loss in full from her insurance company). I figure my subrogation agent also went hard after the neighbor because she was trying to duck out of it and lied to the agent at first, denying that there was any damage done.

justalayman

It’s great you got your money back but the upstairs neighbors insurance surely didn’t pay because they were liable, because they weren’t based on your set of facts. If they paid it was. For some other reason. You can argue all you want to but that is the law. She had no liability to you because there was no negligence on her part. It really doesn’t matter that you were damaged and it doesn’t matter if she lied and said you weren’t

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">