• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Water Leak - Not sure what to do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DannyOcean11

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

Had a pipe burst early Thursday morning. This pipe was just replaced by the sellers of our home about 3 weeks prior. They had a 3 year warranty and we called the repairman asap. We had about 2-3 inches of standing water that was in the unfinished portion of the basement. This lead out to the finished part.. about 25 sq ft. They came and dried everything. Replaced the pipe piece and said that it looks like a part was not tightened enough before.

So far, everything is dry until I moved out a wood storage bin that's soaked.. along with the drywall behind it. I believe there is black mold here as well. We didn't call homeowners and now I'm think that was a mistake. Should we call them to look over everything and let us know if we should be seeking more reimbursement? Besides the stress and worry, my fiancé had to call out of work. They also have numerous machines drying everything out and will be putting a dent into our electric bill.

Will homeowners ding us for this? Will we pay higher rates for a mistake the plumbers did? Or is there a better way to handle this?

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">