• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

water softener fiasco

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pjaystevens47

What is the name of your state? Florida. Two years ago I purchased a water conditioner and softener for $3400. The water softener quit working, and I called the co. about fixing it. They wanted a sevice fee, so I refused, and had another company look at it for free. That is when I found out that the equipment that I purchased should have been installed indoors; it is outside. The circuit board was ruined by the sun and rain. The conditioner they said I needed to get rid of elements in my water wasn't necessary, as the softener does that, and the conditioner just aerates the water. The salesman tested my water and said I had to have it. All I really needed was the water softener. Also, when they installed the equipment, they put the drain hose in a pipe under my mobile home-I thought it went into the septic-but it just emptied under my home. It has caused a moisture problem, and mildew under my home. The new company that came out said that they never should have drained it under my home. Is there any legal recourse? Should I just try dealing with the company I bought it from, or should I look for an attorney? Since I bought the equipment, the company has been rude to me when I have contacted them in the past.

HomeGuru

pjaystevens47 said:
What is the name of your state? Florida. Two years ago I purchased a water conditioner and softener for $3400. The water softener quit working, and I called the co. about fixing it. They wanted a sevice fee, so I refused, and had another company look at it for free. That is when I found out that the equipment that I purchased should have been installed indoors; it is outside. The circuit board was ruined by the sun and rain. The conditioner they said I needed to get rid of elements in my water wasn't necessary, as the softener does that, and the conditioner just aerates the water. The salesman tested my water and said I had to have it. All I really needed was the water softener. Also, when they installed the equipment, they put the drain hose in a pipe under my mobile home-I thought it went into the septic-but it just emptied under my home. It has caused a moisture problem, and mildew under my home. The new company that came out said that they never should have drained it under my home. Is there any legal recourse? Should I just try dealing with the company I bought it from, or should I look for an attorney? Since I bought the equipment, the company has been rude to me when I have contacted them in the past.
**A: get an attorney. And make sure he/she is hard-nosed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">