• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are my chances as the father of getting residential custody of my 6-year old?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proserpina

All of this is assuming that we only let the courts decide because we cannot agree upon a settlement ourselves with a mediator, correct? We haven't gotten to the point yet of discussing a settlement, but I can't imagine it being in a mother's DNA to accept not being the primary caregiver. Anyway...

On a different tangent, knowing that it's probably not for this forum. I have no idea who you are or the situations you are in, but I do have a question seeking different viewpoints. In past discussions with my wife about infidelity as all this came about, I posed a question to her on whether or not she would want to be contacted by someone (even anonymously) if that someone knew I was having an affair. Without hesitation she said, "Of course!" She said that despite the initial shock, she'd appreciate knowing the creep that I really was and would essentially move on rather than continue living a lie. With that said, do I anonymously notify the cheating man's wife? My wife doesn't know that I know who he is because it's a long-distance affair. The intention is not to hurt my wife (because most likely this would hurt me more since it would only drive her closer to him), but rather to expose to the other man's wife just what a disrespectful "creep" she is living with. I guess I can try tying this in to a legal question. By doing so, would this in any way affect a court's decision on custody if it's found out that I did this? I assume it wouldn't because not only is IL a no fault State, but a wife who cheats plays no role in a court's decision. I'm interested in your thoughts. Thanks.
Oh no no no no - don't go there. Not even a little bit. In fact, write that down and then burn it. Nothing good will come from that, and you're inviting bitterness into your house.

Please read the last few posts you got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">