• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are my rights if neighbor blocks passage in community driveway?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gotham Disciple

I want to know how I can legally have my neighbor stop parking/blocking the community driveway and blocking the rest of the neighbors from passing to the other end. The NYC Sanitation Dept. will not go into our driveway because they cannot pass through with the truck and they now make the neighbors walk the trash to the side.

LdiJ

I want to know how I can legally have my neighbor stop parking/blocking the community driveway and blocking the rest of the neighbors from passing to the other end. The NYC Sanitation Dept. will not go into our driveway because they cannot pass through with the truck and they now make the neighbors walk the trash to the side.
You are going to have to explain and describe the situation more clearly in order for anyone to give you any useful advice.

However, in general, if someone is violating your rights, you sue them to try to stop the violation. If they are violating the rights of multiple people, then it might be helpful for those multiple people join together to hire an attorney to file the suit on behalf of all of them.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
If they park on the street and block the driveway they can be issued parking tickets. You can try to speak to your precinct's Community Affairs officer about your problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">