• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are my rights with Children & Youth

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

Obviously you are a bored little man/ woman who has nothing better to do than insult people. Chances are you thrive off reactions and the possibilty that you can upset someone. Sorry to waste your time but that is not going to happen here. I can assure you that people like you are a dime a dozen on the internet. You sit behind a screen where you can hide and take your miserable life out on other people. I will not respond to anymore of your posts. So save your font for someone who cares or might make your day by engaging in an arguement with you.
Your sweet daughter doesn't care to do what is NECESSARY to be a parent. YOU DON'T want to do what is NECESSARY to prevent this child from ending up in FC.

Apple. Tree.

Druggie/Negligent Mom learned well from her "mother". :(

Robinette

Sounds like you have two choices:
1. comply with the need to go with the "foster care"
2. give the child to the aunt/uncle

Sounds like you'll at least get some funds that has to help with the situation.

There are also some hidden bennies to this - involved FAFSA and college monies available to the child when he/she gets to college.
Thanks and if need be I will go that route. The aunt and uncle do not want my grand-daughter. Children and Youth said my daughter has 15 months to meet requirements. If she does not the children will be put up for adoption. The aunt and uncle will be given the option to adopt the boys and I will be given it with my grand-daughter. The aunt and uncle have voiced a number of times that they do not want to commit to raising the boys long term. They are willing to do it during the 15 months in hopes that my daughter gets it together.

TinkerBelleLuvr

Not everyone can take the additional burden of handicapped children without assistance from CYS. The aunt/uncle are well within their rights to ask for financial help. It appears the offer will be there also for you. You just as well take advantage of the situation AT.THIS.TIME.

Obviously you are a bored little man/ woman who has nothing better to do than insult people. Chances are you thrive off reactions and the possibilty that you can upset someone. Sorry to waste your time but that is not going to happen here. I can assure you that people like you are a dime a dozen on the internet. You sit behind a screen where you can hide and take your miserable life out on other people. I will not respond to anymore of your posts. So save your font for someone who cares or might make your day by engaging in an arguement with you.
Considering that you took out the time to respond to one of our senior members like that, allow me to rebut. Since you feel the need to be blatantly rude when no one has been. Truth hurts doesn't it?

If Child services comes to you and asks you to dance the hula with a chinchilla on the 8 day of the 53rd week while riding a donkey naked. I'd suggest you do it.

However I get the sneaking suspicion there is more to the story. And if your daughter has these problems, they will fully investigate and examine all family members under a finely tuned microscope.

You were given serious answers, what's more important, your pride and you not wanting to be "inconvenienced" or the potential for the court to rule on whatever DYF gets the judge to order? You do understand that they have filed a petition to terminate the parents rights{ as per your own response on post #6} and right now you are legally nothing to the children unless a judge by some way, shape or form gives you custody. Which by the way, if you don't bother to file for, don't expect the judge to be a psychic and go look for you.

Get an attorney, you will need it.

Last edited:

Robinette

Not everyone can take the additional burden of handicapped children without assistance from CYS. The aunt/uncle are well within their rights to ask for financial help. It appears the offer will be there also for you. You just as well take advantage of the situation AT.THIS.TIME.
I agree with you and I am 100% behind the aunt and uncle. I am thankful that they are trying. I want my grandsons to have all the benefits the kinship program offers them. Without it there is no way of getting them the help they need.

CourtClerk

If Child services comes to you and asks you to dance the hula with a chinchilla on the 8 day of the 53rd week while riding a donkey naked. I'd suggest you do it.
And I would suggest you not....

CYS has a great amount of discretion, but not that much.

CourtClerk

Ok grandmama, here's what you may not know or understand.

The kids are all on one case. What happens to one, must happen to all of them for continuity's sake. They aren't going to go through all those circles because one caregiver on a case with 3 children doesn't want to be inconvenienced.

Robinette

Ok grandmama, here's what you may not know or understand.

The kids are all on one case. What happens to one, must happen to all of them for continuity's sake. They aren't going to go through all those circles because one caregiver on a case with 3 children doesn't want to be inconvenienced.
Thank you and I did not know that. I questioned why if I was not going for kinship did I have to. I think I am being misunderstood. Perhaps because I am trying not to make long boring responses. It is not about not wanting to be inconvenienced. Obviously if I have to go that route I will because I love my grandchild.

I have heard so many horror stories about children and youth. I am not saying they are all true. I do not know because I have never had to deal with them before. I am trying to provide a normal, safe, healthy and happy life for my grandchild. I work, I volunteer, I have 9 grandchildren whom I make time for as much as I can. I have been told that the kinship program takes up a lot of time.

When I had children I came to know a love that I thought nobody could compare with. That was until I had grandchildren. I will do what I have to with children and youth. Now you answered my question about why I have to go through kinship. Thank You

MichaCA

I am a little confused.

You say CYS told you after 15 months, if daughter not together, you have the right to adopt the grandchild, right? That would give you the full legal rights and dropping of interference from the foster care. If thats the case, 15 months is not that long. However, I would ask CYS if you do eventually adopt, will the status of the twins care affect this grandchilds care.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">