• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are my rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



i live in maryland. i entered into a contract with a national student financial aid service for my daughter. the services were not provided in a manner that would benefit her because she is a graduating senior. when i told the representative at a seminar this, he assured me that they could provided the service and gave me dates. but they didn't stick to it their end of the bargain. numerous calls to the company, located in colorado, were not answered. i consistently got busy signals, no one returned phone calls. when i finally got through,they refused to hear my case and treated me very rudely. i sent a letter expressing my desire to cancel and they would not respond. i entered the case into small claims court to get back the $800 that i paid for services not received. they were to be served with papers by certified mail, but refused the summons. now what can i do to regain the monies i have lost?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential