• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are the penalties of driving without a licensed adult with only a permit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

arielriley

There's all sorts of public transportation in Nawlins; IIRC, that's where you live? :cool:
Yes, I live on the westbank of New Orleans.. my school is in the Mid-City of the eastbank though, while 2 out of 3 of my jobs are on the westbank. (the other being on the eastbank)
I've had my fair share of dealing with cabs.. not the best experiences.. but it'll get the job done!!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
A hardship license is all about when you cannot legally drive, but if you cannot drive, you'll be in a crisis because of lack of work, medical services, food etc..
DEFINITION
HARDSHIP LICENSE – A restricted license issued administratively in accordance with statutes or by order of the court to an applicant whose driving privileges are under suspension.
As you were told, it is issued when your privileges are under suspension.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
And it does not give you super driving privileges. You have a permit and cannot legally drive without a licensed driver in your car. A hardship license does not magically grant you a regular non-restricted driver's license.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">