• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What constitutes “insured location”?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adjusterjack

A lot of my loss is unattached spare car parts, engines, transmissions, side-draft carburetion, suspension, etc. Generally not off of or for any one specific car but collected over many years for and from the cars I’ve owned, some of it genuine factory NOS.
I'm a car hobbyist so I share your pain. I have a 96 Dodge Viper and a 73 Mustang Convertible.

c. any engine-propelled or motor-propelled vehicle or machine, including parts, designed for movement on land, except as provided in Special Limits of Liability, item k.

“including parts” I want to read that as parts and accessories I may have added/attached to the car, or perhaps removed like the wheels when putting it on jack stands. But does that actually exclude all auto parts, new and used?
Excludes all auto parts and accessories. Once a part or accessory is installed it becomes part of the car. The car is excluded as are any spare parts and accessories.

So now I come to the one a couple guys have been hit with:

We cover personal property usually located at an insured’s residence, other than the residence premises, for up to $1,000 or 10% of the Coverage B limit, whichever is greater.
Coverage B is Other Structures. I think you meant Coverage C. Anyway, that limitation doesn't apply because the property is kept at the rented warehouse, not a residence. The quoted limitation applies stuff you have with you when living elsewhere temporarily. Like at a hotel while on vacation or staying with a relative somewhere.

You haven't answered the questions: Have you made the claim with your insurance company and with what results?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">