• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What Direction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

proach

Texas, Scenario is: parents are divorced, two minor children, parents have joint custody. The mother refuses to let the father have possession of the children on his visitation times. I believe the father should file charges of contempt. Does he need to have an attorney for this and what costs are involved? There is suspected abuse/neglect which has been reported, the children have both missed over 21 days of school already this year. The mother will no longer allow me (the grandmother) to see the children because she suspects that I reported her (which I did with very good reason). My son (The Father) can't afford an attorney so basically he is not doing anything. I am trying to encourage him, but if he doesn't have money for an attorney does he have any other recourse? I am willing to assist if I can but I know he has to get the ball rolling. Any advice?

snostar

He can file a motion for enforcement. A judge can enforce the order by contempt or other appropriate remedies. He should be documenting every incidence that has occurred which is considered a violation of the current order. He should definitely seek an attorney for assistance in this matter. For more information on filing requirements, read through Title 5, Chapter 157 at:
http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/statutes/fa.toc.htm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">