• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What does a court transfer mean?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Here is the thing, guys. again, a) her dog started the incident by biting first, And b) again, I expected the barrier to perform its function: keeping dogs inside the park. If an owner had come into the park as well, I would have put my dog on as leash for good measure. However, the plaintiff did not come into the park: they were outside the park. The people outside the park did not concern me because, if the barrier had done its job, then I would not need to worry about the people outside the park, I assume that you all did not read the entirety of my post, as you do not at all mention the contributory responsibility nor the very important fact that HER DOG STARTED THE WHOLE THING., I don't even know why I bother with these boards, just a bunch of people who don't know a thing seem to comment.
Best of luck to you.

whiggs

But OP could clearly see that the park wasn't fenced properly...and he let his dogs off leash anyway. The incident is, IMO, 100% OP's fault. In another thread he responded to a members statement that OP was responsible for maintaining control of his/her dogs with this comment: "how am I supposed to control my dog's when they are off leash?" Jaw-dropping idiocy.
At what point did I state that I understood before the incident took place that I knew the park was not fenced properly. I only state that now, weeks after it happened, because of the events that took place that make that fact obvious. Try again

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Link to previous thread by whiggs: Can apartment complex be held liable. TL;DR the consensus was: "No. Even if."

@whiggs Your email to the leasing office was inappropriate. I would even question the wisdom of even sending such a communication to a friend/family member, given your current situation (emails occasionally get forwarded around). You should have saved it as a draft and had someone wiser and less emotional edit it.

For future reference, your communications with the leasing office should be brief, factual, and free of insults and character judgements.

Do not expect to be viewed seriously OR sympathetically when you bandy about words and phrases like "lady", "with no intellect", "having no common sense", "continued idiotic behavior", "highlights her "stupidity", "self righteous, self-important buffoon".

Here is the thing, guys. again, a) her dog started the incident by biting first, And b) again, I expected the barrier to perform its function: keeping dogs inside the park. If an owner had come into the park as well, I would have put my dog on as leash for good measure. However, the plaintiff did not come into the park: they were outside the park. The people outside the park did not concern me because, if the barrier had done its job, then I would not need to worry about the people outside the park, I assume that you all did not read the entirety of my post, as you do not at all mention the contributory responsibility nor the very important fact that HER DOG STARTED THE WHOLE THING., I don't even know why I bother with these boards, just a bunch of people who don't know a thing seem to comment.
Here's the problem: a reasonable person would first determine if it was safe to let their dog go off leash by 1) training them, and 2) making sure that the dog park's barriers were sufficient to contain their dog. You did neither.

Had your dog stayed under control, then you would have had a valid point. You let the initial interaction occur without pulling your dog away from the first contact and leashing him.

And frankly, I was going to try and give you a potentially useful example of how your letter to the leasing office could have been edited, but there was just too much wrong with it, and I'm not getting paid enough.

You, through your stubborn refusal to listen what the legal reality of your situation is, are making your situation worse and worse.

Might I mildly observe to you that the woman's car being booted might actually steel her resolve to follow through?

quincy

At what point did I state that I understood before the incident took place that I knew the park was not fenced properly. I only state that now, weeks after it happened, because of the events that took place that make that fact obvious. Try again
Okay. Answer this question: Did your dog immediately respond to your command to "come" (or "stop") when you saw he was going to escape the dog park enclosure?

If the answer is "no," you are responsible for the injuries.

Zigner

It is incumbent on YOU to assure that the area can properly contain your animal.

I do wish you the best of luck, but I am baffled at your inability to understand this basic fact.

Just Blue

Per the picture that YOU posted, if you can not see that the park wasn't fenced/secured properly then you are blind. The attack was your fault. Pay the Lady.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
As a dog owner, it is your job to protect your dog. That includes making sure that the area is secure, before letting an untrained dog off leash. And yes, if your dog does not "heel" or "stop" when ordered to do so by the owner, it is not well trained.

Zigner

As a dog owner, it is your job to protect your dog. That includes making sure that the area is secure, before letting an untrained dog off leash. And yes, if your dog does not "heel" or "stop" when ordered to do so by the owner, it is not well trained.
That is another good perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">