• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What does this mean?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisbabygirl77

What is the name of your state? Arizona
My brother was arrested ( hey every family has to have a black sheep he is ours but we love him anyway) the courts and the police station will not tell us anything all we can do is go online to a local court public access thing they have there. Well on the events description it list this

10/15/2004 AW FTA/WARRANT TERM MR D 1
10/15/2004 I/A HELD: FELONY/MISD/CR TR D 1

along with bond date, trial date ect..... What we are wondering is what does the above mean? He also has an outstanding warrant for dangerous drug possessions in another county. How can we find out if those charges will be looked at at the same time as his ones from this county? Quite honestly we are hoping they will be maybe this will be a wake up call if he finally gets punished instead of little slaps on the hand everytime he breaks the law. Any help in clearing up what the above means would be really appreciated. Thank you!

Hisbabygirl77

Well I would love to ask my brother but since he hasnt been able to contact us and we cant contact him I can't now can I? Don't try the wise crack response with me if you didn't know you didn't have to respond Steph. I am not one of the trailor trash deliquents on here I deserve a mature appropriate response. And stealth if STFU means what I think it does.........lol thank you I couldnt have said it better myself. If anyone who can help would mind responding I would love to hear from you.

Hisbabygirl77

I was just thanking whomever posted....... and ask your brother is not an opinion. It was a smart remark. I have no respect for that. I have read some of his other post and I agree about his opinion being good however I am as stated above not some ignorant person. I asked a question I would like answered. I work with children who have been abused and a lot of them in the juvenille system and they dont even give me smart remarks they give me the respect I deserve. Now if these children 6-17 can give me a mature answer back, why can't a grown adult?

stephenk

why don't you call the court and ask? why don't you call the prosecutor and ask? why don't you call your brother's attorney and ask? Why don't you ask one of the many police officers you must deal with since you take care of children that are in the court system? The time you spent posting here and "demanding" respect could have been spent finding out that your brother is facing serious time in jail.

I do know what the terms mean, but why don't you ask SteaIth2 to answer your question? You and he/she seem to have become great friends. Oops, I forgot, SteaIth2 didn't answer your question. They just made a smart aleck response.

CdwJava

Hisbabygirl77 said:
Well on the events description it list this

10/15/2004 AW FTA/WARRANT TERM MR D 1
10/15/2004 I/A HELD: FELONY/MISD/CR TR D 1
I'm afraid that nobody will be able to answer the question. To understand the abbreviations used on specific documents and printouts generally requires specific knowledge of those printouts or systems. And, unless I miss my guess, we do not have any law enforcement or lawyer types from AZ that regularly post to this board.

I have looked at this numerous times, and I can only make some half-baked guesses - certainly nothing that I can be sure of.

I know that other people have simply brought these printouts to a court officer, a police officer, or a court clerk and had them explain it. That should be all it takes.

- Carl

Hisbabygirl77

Hmm lets see read my above post I DID say that I had called the court and asked that I DID ask the police station. Did I not? And when I am working I am working dealing with and helping these children and there familes I do not talk about my personal life or try and sort out my brothers problems. As stated above my brother deserves whatever punishment he gets hopefully this time it will be enough to straighten him out as these little slap on the hands he has been getting. Our family just wanted to know excactly what that meant. We get the basics of it we were just wondering if it at all says if the second charge that he had in another city is also included. And no steph you are wrong I am not "great" friends with anyone on this site nor am I trying to be I was just happy someone else saw your sarcasm to my answer as I did. Read any of my other post I have not given smart responses to people who seriously ask a question and I believe I deserve the same. We want to help him but this time with tough love. I have spoken to his probation officer who is a neighbor of mine and friend and he is going to get back to us and let us know what he can. I was just looking for answers in the mean time. Respect is earned you are right about that one Steph I think though that I have done nothing on this site to give you cause to respond in such a way. So have a wonderful evening Steph hopefully the next time you will answer the question or just leave it alone.

Hisbabygirl77

Thank you Carl. I will go ahead and do that. At this time I was just trying to get a quick response and on the phone to the courts and such that wasn't happening. I didnt have the print out to give my neighbor but I will show that to him next time I see him. Again thank you for your nice response

AHA

You should be able to get the info from his lawyer.
I would assume out of state crimes will have to be resolved within that state, but I wouldn't know(never had trouble with the law).

Hisbabygirl77

And neither have I AHA not even a traffic ticket along with the rest of my family none of us have my little brother is the exception. Actually the charges are all within the state just different cities and we would ask his lawyer except for at this time one has not been appointed to him. We are not trying to help him get out of trouble infact we want him to finally be punished maybe a wake up call. We just were trying to figure out if our city knows about this other warrant. We feel he should just deal with them both instead of having to deal with the other warrant at a seperate time. That way after both are out of the way if he goes straight like he says he is then he can not have to worry about getting arrested right after he gets out on a seperate warrant. He will not tell them about the other warrant obviously but my dad is sick of his behavior and how it is affecting my little brothers 3 year old daughter. My dad wants to tell them about the other warrant if they do not know so that both will be looked at the hearing.

CdwJava

If the warrant and the new charges are in different counties, it is likely that they will not be able to be addressed in the same hearing. The matters would have two different jurisdictions and it might take a good deal of effort to get the other county to cede jurisdiction. It's also possible that they don't care about the warrant if it's for something small like traffic. But they might turn him over to the county that issued the warrant when they are through with him. But if he doesn't take care of it, the warrant will remain hovering over his head.

And if he was arrested only on the warrant in one county, then he may not get an appointed attorney until he is arraigned on the charges. if the warrant was for failing to complete terms of probation, he may not qualify for a public defender.

- Carl

Hisbabygirl77

Carl-
I do know that the warrant for the other city was for failure to appear for a court hearing on charges of dangerous drug possession. The one here in our town I know is for drug possession also. I do not know what class felony these could be or so forth...... Does that help at all?

Hisbabygirl77

The thing is he has had a lot of little charges over the last 4 years or so from possession to paraphenilla to selling of drugs along with fraud and weapons charges but none of these charges all at the same time. So each time he gets these little slaps on the hands probation, drug rehab ect..... Well this is NOT stopping his behavior. He seems to think he can keep on doing what he is doing because they ( the courts) aren't going to do much to him. In the meantime he is playing with his little girls life by daddy constantly being taken to jail not to mention the lovely druggies he has around her. The mother has an even longer police record than him and yet they both just seem to get away with it all! Its just frustrating we love my brother but his child is our concern right now he can screw up his life he is old enough to chose to do so but his my niece doesnt have a say. Sigh......

Subpubber

10/15/2004 AW FTA/WARRANT TERM MR D 1 ....Means it is a F ailure To A ppear warrant. Your lovely brother failed to appear in court on that day.... So a warrant was issued on his behalf. He Was responsible for being in court that day(10/15/2004) He should have been there to repond to the charges against him. The second one is the original charge (infraction) for the answer to that....like everyone else said....ask him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">