• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What happens if subpoena'd as a witness, but don't show?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

You know how I wrote the other post about the woman who assaulted me? Well, her boyfriend was charged with domestic violence against her. His pre-trial is before her trial for her assault against me. She got a subpoena to be a witness against her boyfriend, so I was wondering, what if she doesn't show up for that? Will they put out a bench warrant? (Not that it matters, where I live, they have a waiting list for the jail.) Of course if she has a bench warrant she isn't going to show up for court for her trial cause she would go to jail. Interesting to say the least. I think I may have answered my own question.

Who signed the subpoena? A judge or lawyer? Is this for a deposition or trial?
I am not exactly sure. It is for a pre-trial hearing and they already have her written statement from the day that the incident happened. It doesn't say in the court record if she was subpoena'd from the prosecutors lawyers or if it was from the judge. If it is for the pre-trial then I think that they want her to go in front of the judge and tell what happened. I had been told from the boyfriend though that she just isn't going to show up in hopes that the case is dropped. But that was before she got a witness subpoena.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">