• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is conidered written notice for leaving the area

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justtooknotes

Ok, you two are gonna break me. Thanks, I get the point. :)
Are you guys attorneys or law students, because you really seem to know a lot about law. It's not general advice in the least.

Gender was not really important other than showing the male that all women do not act that way when it comes to their children.
It's odd to me that people do this, but I know they do. Just reading so much nasty when it comes to children is heartbreaking.
I am blessed that despite a divorce and long legal battles, that my ex are better friends divorced than married.

Doreen

Where are your cojones? Give her the current schedule and consider it good.
The ex was likely awarded those in the divorce... along with his good sense if he did not strongly object to the inclusion of such a notice requirement in the decree, and inability now to handle such a simple matter without a major debate

Proserpina

Are you guys attorneys or law students, because you really seem to know a lot about law. It's not general advice in the least.

Gender was not really important other than showing the male that all women do not act that way when it comes to their children.
It's odd to me that people do this, but I know they do. Just reading so much nasty when it comes to children is heartbreaking.
I am blessed that despite a divorce and long legal battles, that my ex are better friends divorced than married.

It's really more about how different states do things. What is law in WA may not even be addressed in FL, for example. It is also pretty general advice, really - that's why "In my state..." and "My friend did this..." are often more unhelpful no matter how helpful the poster wants to be. It's also pretty general; sharing case law examples and statutes is just part of the service ;)

Stick around :)

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
My parenting plans require both parents to provide the following prior to travel.

Dates of travel.
Mode of travel and if by airplane provide flight info.
Name and address of destination
Contact number at destination (not your cell phone)

If changes happen. Lets say your hotel overbooked and you change where you stay. Just shoot an email with updated info.
The Courts do accept emails and her nonsense about written letter is bogus. I bet your order states written notice. I would not use anything that I cannot show to prove I gave this info.
We use text and email.

We do not have to explain to each other what we plan to do while on vacation or trip.

Each parent has a right to know where the children are, so this really is not about keeping tabs on each other.

I am a woman and here is some advise... Keep quiet and send the email as expressed in the order. You have her against the wall right now because she CANNOT THREATEN to withhold visitation. Let her withhold visitation because she thinks she is entitled to a list of your daily activities, because she is not. She is only entitled to know where the children will sleep each night.
Quit NOW. :mad:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

I am an attorney in OHIO. The OP's state. If you do NOT know the law, DO NOT POST. This is a legal site. Not a support site. Not a site to blog. A LEGAL SITE.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">