• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is considered statutory rape?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

weenor

wandasmommy said:
uh lady you need a reality check here, YOU can do nothing legally, you are not the parent.if mom wants to allow her daughter to date,thats her business, and NONE of yours. nor is it your business if this girl gets pregnant, or takes the bus alone to see anyone, or anything else. this is not YOUR daughter. youre too darn nosy for your own good.

Yeah!! Kelly find out how to capitalize her letters!!!!!:D

Happy Trails

Bellarose, this thread is getting out of hand. If you had posted the facts to begin with, I don't think it would have gone this way.

So are these the facts?

Your 14 year old niece is having sexual relations with a 17 year old?
You have talked with the mother and told her this, but she doesnt' listen to you, because she doesn't care?

Some of us have asked you, "What is your proof?"

Statutory rape is a law that has been passed that makes it illegal to have sex with a person that is under the age of consent. In Michigan, the age of consent is 16. The link above, gives you the Michigan statute that applies in this situation.

CdwJava

bellarose said:
Seeing them with my own eyes and she tells me EVERYTHING...she hates her mother and well she wants me to know all there is to know...guess you should have been there eh?
You have seen the girl being penetrated by the boy (by digit or penal penetration)? Then you should have called the cops.

If she has told you they have had, then you can still call the cops. But if she denied it, there STILL won't be any proof.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">