• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what is good background search source?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zliminator

I live in FL and plan on renting a house after I finish remodeling it. I'm signed up for 3 months of netdetective.com so I could do background checks on potential tenants. After spending $30 I realize its nothing more than I could have done using anywho.com for free. I don't mind spending the money, I just want to do credit check and background (criminal) check. I there any one stop shop to do that? Thanks for any comments or advice.

zliminator

HomeGuru

zliminator said:
I live in FL and plan on renting a house after I finish remodeling it. I'm signed up for 3 months of netdetective.com so I could do background checks on potential tenants. After spending $30 I realize its nothing more than I could have done using anywho.com for free. I don't mind spending the money, I just want to do credit check and background (criminal) check. I there any one stop shop to do that? Thanks for any comments or advice.

zliminator
**A: yes, so check with your local rental/property management companies and ask them who do they use.

C

CA. LL

Great idea!

I know a good one for west but not east.

Last edited:

nextwife

Another important call to make is to, not only the CURRENT landlord, but the one BEFORE them. The previous-to-current landlord has no vested interest in getting this tenant out and will tend to be truthful. Also verify that the previous landlords are REALLY the owners or managers of the stated properties. Bad tenants have been known to give the name of a friend or relative as a "reference".

And verify employment with their employer. And it's not a bad idea to try to stop at their place to get the ap. so you can see how they live (like pigs or do they seem responsible about their premises?)

P

Pfaffing85690

And since I can't let a sleeping dog rest, in every city they list as a reference you should visit the local police department for a criminal background check.

There are services on the internet for a complete international criminal search, but I used to work for them so I can't tout their service :D

zliminator

give me a few more days

and I'll make some calls and reply to this post. I thought I would charge an application fee which would cover the cost of a credit check.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">