• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is the normal time for a judge to make a decision?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Just an update, I finally got a determination from the judge. Unfortunate it was not in my favor but the case has set an interesting precedent for others, so it's not a complete loss.
Thanks for all your help.
We always appreciate updates, NeilTheCop, so thank you for returning to let us know what happened.

I am sorry the decision was not in your favor.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
1 hour and 6 months, huh? Okay.
I'll guess that 96raji meant “1 yr and 6 months” since people usually mention the years first and then the month, and that the letter h is right under the letter y on the keyboard, so easily could have made a typo. :)

We always appreciate updates, NeilTheCop, so thank you for returning to let us know what happened.

I am sorry the decision was not in your favor.
As am I.
But all is not lost, I'm sure the first time my case is used as a precedent to demand the return of all the equipment that had been used to grow lots of marijuana, questions will be asked.

quincy

If your case was not an appellant (appeals) case then it is NOT precedent.
Well ... so much for Neil's feel-good moment. :)

Neil's case potentially could be used by other district court litigants as persuasive authority but a judge would not be bound by the decision made in Neil's case as the judge would be by an appeals court or New Mexico Supreme Court decision.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Well ... so much for Neil's feel-good moment. :)

Neil's case potentially could be used by other district court litigants as persuasive authority but a judge would not be bound by the decision made in Neil's case as the judge would be by an appeals court or New Mexico Supreme Court decision.
The other district court cases are not normally easily searchable or available to be used at all.... Appellate court cases and NM Supreme Court court cases could be precedent be it binding or suggested.

quincy

The other district court cases are not normally easily searchable or available to be used at all.... Appellate court cases and NM Supreme Court court cases could be precedent be it binding or suggested.
New Mexico has online access to public court records, including District Court records ... but I have not tried to see how easy this access is.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">