• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What time frame is reasonable to kick out a tenant who doesn't pay?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cmiller2

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

What time frame is reasonable to kick out a tenant who doesn't pay? I want to give them 30 days in a certified written letter or hand delivery it. Is this enough time since these people are months behind and keep making more broken promises?

Thanks.

Charlie III

ENASNI

oh sheesh

Another wet behind the ears Landlord?
I am not going to Google or search engine for you... I am sorry if this seems harsh. I am sorry if you have a sorry tenant. But BEFORE you decide to become a Landlord of anytype look up LANDLORD TENAND RIGHTS OR LAWS in a search engine and add your state... see what you are allowed to do and not to do.

Your tenant will do the same dang thing if they are angry.

Why rent out property if you do not know how to defend it in every venue.

sheesh...

south

ENASNI I see you are chomping at the bit....

To the OP a 3 day notice to pay or quit is what you will need to serve or by your obvious mild nature maybe bake the tenant a nice apple pie if you prefer.

cmiller2 said:
What is the name of your state? Louisiana

What time frame is reasonable to kick out a tenant who doesn't pay? I want to give them 30 days in a certified written letter or hand delivery it. Is this enough time since these people are months behind and keep making more broken promises?

Thanks.

Charlie III

ENASNI

um

south said:
ENASNI I see you are chomping at the bit....

To the OP a 3 day notice to pay or quit is what you will need to serve or by your obvious mild nature maybe bake the tenant a nice apple pie if you prefer.
My dear chap South
do you want CHEESE with that Pie? Have you not gotten up on the wrong side of the cot?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">