• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what's in who's name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

curious2

My family and I moved into a house(in MN) in july, 2000. We payed $500. for first months rent, and $500. for last months rent, up front. From then on, $500. on the 1st of each month. The agreement with the landlord, was to have a lease written up the following week, and mailed to us to be signed. Months later,we still haven't seen anything on paper.
We have been paying rent, up until February(we missed that payment), and received one copy of the utility bills in October.(which are still in their name, mailed to them, forwarded to us) We payed that, and then didn't receive another copy of the utility bills until February 3rd. Just Friday, the 23rd of February, I received an e-mail that stated a real estate agent was going to be at the house sometime the following week to put a "for sale" sign up. The, not so official, eviction notice means that we have 30 days from the day the rent is due to move out. I have two questions: 1)Does that mean from the first of March, or the first of February?(cuz it is only the 26th) 2) Can the landlord make me liable for the utility bills that are now past due?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">